Friday, August 7, 2009

Creative Teaching


I love to teach. It doesn't really matter if I am teaching to young kids, older folks or a heartlander. I simply love doing it. And to be able to teach the Word of God is really an honour, a privilege, a calling for me.
I started off teaching in Agapeland. Great days teaching the kids the Word of God. I need to study, think of object lessons, using games and ice breakers, and anything that would help me convey the main message to the kids. And the amazing surprise bouns is: Sometimes when I thought I taught them, God has used them to teach me valuable lessons in return. I enjoy teaching. I enjoy them.
I moved on to teaching and preaching to the youth, then the Chinese congregation. Sometimes, God place me in situations where teaching the Word of God happens in conversation exchange, counseling moments and heart to heart talks. I enjoyed every moment. I learn and grow from these moments.
Recently, my SP started a series on "Stay Till the End'. Throughout the four series, he had been exploring new ways of conveying the main message across to the congregation. Using puppets, signboards, objects illustration, media aids...anything that would enhance and drive the message across and stays deep in our hearts. Wow, it was so powerful and it has a retaining power too.
He always taught us to remember to keep things to the irreductible minimums. And he demonstrated it. In his recent blog, he mentioned about the need to keep things simple and to inject the element of surprise in our preaching. I practice that more often in my preaching and teaching recently. And guess what, I saw the glitter and sparkle in the congregation eyes. They understood, they remembered, they lived up to it because it is actually simple.
As for me. He inspired me to teach and preach with a new fire of glow and grow. He inspired me to expand my creativity and use my brains more than often. I am growing with my congregation.
I had never love teaching and preaching that much as now. I learn from my mentor. I pray the same for my mentees too. It's time to impart, to pass on and share this with the Chinese Church preachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment