Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Banquet of Honour - To Him be of Glory


The Banquet of Honour signed off an end note on 16 Nov, a glorious closing for the event, an advancing opening for greater things to come.

It was a very busy season for me and Agape staff in preparation for Banquet of Honour, yet enriching. These are some beautiful and important highlights for me:

#1) Visionary Leadership
I learned over and over again this year - Leaders live in the future. BOH helped me to understand this essential, important and needed principle for all leaders: To see and able to live in the future. Vision gives the leaders a glimpse of what the future can be. Singapore is a growing and changing country. We need to discern the times and heed the call of God as He reveals and unfolds His plan.

I saw this happened in the nation church leaders - visionary leadership.
And I desire to learn and grow this from the Lord and visionary leaders.


#2) Values and Purpose Driven
BOH is purpose-driven. Beyond the purposes, we resonate and uphold agreed-common values together. This gave us the ability to stay focus on what matters most, inspired and motivate us to overcome difficulties and obstacles. There is oneness in our spirit although the methods expressed through work is very different. Unity is beautiful.


#3) Operational Vehicles
The operational arm helps materialize the vision and dream. The practical outworkings of the BOH was intense and challenging. With many different churches involved and with different operational methods, we cannot avoid the rubbing of shoulders, conflicts and tension. Patience and honouring one another became a test but we had fair well. I admired how the team had persevere in adverse situation. Their creativity, resourcefulness and 'die-hard' attitude.


#4) They are God's VIPs
It was a tough and busy season. But all was considered worth when I saw the guests laughed heartily, eat to their hearts content; singing, dancing, making friends and let their hair down. It was a heartwarming sight. A sight that I believe would not be erased from me. Yes, they are God's VIPs. The unsung heroes of our nation. BOH marked an important milestone in our nation's social and spiritual history.


#5) God is Glorified
It glorifies God to see churches unite for a God reason. It glorifies God to see His VIPs honoured.

I remembered this scene very clearly. On the last day of the BOH, our friends from China came to me and said this, "Thank you. God is good to us." They gave glory to God, not merely men.

My heart is full. My heart is filled!

To God be of Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment