Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ending 2009...Heading 2010 (Part 1)

"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." (Proverbs 16:3)

I cannot stop growing in age, in wrinkles (deferred please), white hair and I can't control these areas. However, there are areas that I can have a direct decision on. Quoting from Senior Pastor, "Our destiny is determined by daily decisions." There are some decisions and habits I have to made and change in order to accomplish and see growth there.

I thought of penning it down the practical things I want to see change and growth other than the principles. It would be great to revisit them again on Dec 2010.

1st D: Developmental Life
1) Cooking
I have been able to only cook once a week in Year 2009. I hope to set priority time to learn more cooking recipes. A neatly laid table with home cooked food has been a language of love for Matthew and Cleff. To increase to 2 times per week at least and learn 5 new recipes.

2) Cross-Stitch
One of my favourite pass time is sitting at my corner and complete a whole 'masterpiece' of cross stitch. By Dec 2010, my 'Fruitfulness' masterpiece to be completed.

3) Reading
I love to read. I tend to gear only towards Christian literature. In year 2009, I started to read secular books and more on leadership. I rejoiced having completed my reading goal of at least 20 books in year 09. I hope to achieve 30 books by year 2010 and widen my scope of reading literature.

4) Studying
Year 2009, I only managed to complete 2 books study on my own - Hebrews and Ecclesiastes. Year 2010, I purposed to complete 3 books study - Joshua, Acts and Sermon on the Mount.

5) Exercise
Since Year 2008, I had stopping going to the gym and changed to 'irregular exercises' schedule. Next year I had to slot in intentional exercise time. Prefer walking and twice a week. Hope to pick up pilates.


2nd D: Domestic Life
1) With Matthew
Year 2009 was fruitful for us as a couple. It had been years that we had not been traveling together for holidays. This year, we intentional set time for our personal 'getaway holidays'. Went to Sabah KK at Pine Tree Restort, Mt KK National Park on March. We made a short 3 days trip to KL for shopping and food. Tomorrow evening, I will be in Sandakan Sabah till 31st Dec. Wow! Looking forward. These holidays trips has given us purposeful dialogues, doing things together, longer prayer time and just plain pleasures and enjoying each other presence.

Year 2010, already planned a 'surprise' holidays for him at Cameron Highlands on his birthday. Two short additional KL trips for food and shopping. And one year end holidays at Sarawak.

Matthew will be celebrating his 55th Birthday next year. A day to remember God, give thanks and re-commit our lives together as a couple.

Our core values for our marriage - "Stubborn Love; Persistent Honour' (1 Cor 13)

God gave me a verse as I prayed for our marriage in the years ahead:
"But thanks be to God, who always lead us in triumphal possession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."(2 Cor 2:14)

I always remembered: "Our marriage is to glory God always, not to make us happy"

2) With Cleff
Cleff turned 21st on 14th Dec. His 'teenager' grin and look in his facial expression had long disappeared. Instead, there is an addition touch of maturity and 'young man look'. Cleff has grown not only in his physics, he had grown in his maturity, his perspectives, mindset and values. It is a good change. No longer that little boy who needs 'mum' all the time; or the teenager who rejects all mum says. He's now a young man.

A mum's heart for her son is to see him turning completely and devotedly to follow Jesus. A mum's prayers that he will be a God-fearing man and live godly values. I am trusting God for this as He is my faithful God.

Cleff thanked me on his birthday that I had parented him with values that somehow 'became his values and convictions." When asked how am I going to journey with him for the next 5 years, my answer to him was, "To see you building a godly family." Yes, I am already in the embarking journey of praying, coaching and journeying with him to have a godly 'BGR' relationship. All thanks to my SP who had been modeling and teaching us in this area.

Cleff found his passion in horse-training as a career and will be studying in Melbourne after year 2010. It's my desire to see him and help him to grow as a man who is disciplined and standing with strong convictions and values wherever he is.

One of my goal is to have a holiday with my son in year 2010. Either Taiwan, Bangkok, Sabah or China.

As I summed up, I cannot helped but remembered this verse in 1 Sam 1:28,
"So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."
My verse to the Lord the day He 'returned' my son back to me, and it still stands today.

3) My Home
I want to change the look of my sitting room. Planning to have a new set of sofa. And have my house painted by Dec 2010.

Matthew and I have agreed to learn to practice hospitality more this year. We are going to invite 3 people/couples to our home for a home cooked meal.


...to be continued

1 comment:

  1. Loh Li Li,

    I appreciate your sharing on your blog, foremost your faith. We are a new creation in Christ and are continually being conformed in His image - sanctification.

    Keep being a "Light".

    Sandra

    www.joyfulexpressions.us

    Cross stitch Bible verses

    ReplyDelete