Monday, March 1, 2010

NT30 - The First Day

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. (Psalm 119:105)

NT30 starts today with reading Matt 1:1 to Matt 12:50. I was taken by surprised by the time I finished. It was a journey of recharging, renewal, rediscovering the Word of God.

Reading in one sitting, I re-discovered so much refreshing truths:

* There were 14 generations from Abraham to David; another 14 generations from David until Babylonian's captivity; and from captivity until Christ is another 14 generations. (Matt 1:17)

* The wise men were secretly called by Herod to search for baby Jesus but they divinely warned by God in a dream not to return to Herod.

* The Sermon on the Mount and the Lord's Prayers were both recorded in Book of Matthew

* Chapter 8 and 9 recorded Jesus' ministry to the sick, needy, poor and the broken. 'Faith' is the key word in both chapters and Jesus was looking for faith.

* Matthew the tax-collector converted to one of the 12 disiciples recorded his own account when he first met Jesus and followed Him. A life-changing encounter for him. What would have fasten him in his ministry when he meditate and ponder on these words, "Follow me." (9:8) and 'I desire mercy and not sacrifice. For I did not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." (9:13) Matthew being the tax collector (unlike the fishermen), he probably would understand it deeply what it means to be a 'sinner'.

* A tree was known by its fruit was mentioned twice in the first 12 chapters - Matt 7:12 and Matt 12:33

* The same prophet John the Baptist who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah and baptised Him bears a moment of doubt when he send his men to ask Jesus if He is the Coming One.

So many more truths and discovery and rediscovery just devouring the Word.

What caught me in just that one reading is this verse in Matt 9:37
"The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few. Therefore, pray the Lord of harvest to send out labourers into the Harvest."

I ended by spending time praying this verse into Agape and the chinese ministry particularly. Praying Big Prayers and in Big Faith.

I remembered I was encouraging one of the China Nationals lady who soon be returning back to her country, to take the spirit of Happy Thursday back to her hometown and to start 'Happy Thursday." She was alittle taken by surprised, but soon thrilled when she asked me this, "Can I? I had a many neighbours staying around me who are senior citizens"

Of course, the answer is Yes! And take what she had learned from Happy Thursday to impart. Share Christ beyond her family members.

Suddenly, God by His grace, allowed me to see a glimpse of the reality of this Big Dream being fulfilled. I envisioned myself visiting them in China to bring them encouragement and challenge. (looks like apostle Paul indeed.) Do what I can do and allow Him to do the rest!

Another very encouraging moment for me is to see Matthew picking up the bible and plough through the bible before he sleeps, and wake up 30min earlier the next day to 'eat the book'. It would be a breakthrough for both of us to start and complete the NT30 together as a couple.

On top of that, we threw a challenge to ourselves. If we are able to complete the daily reading plan, we will put S$10 aside (individually) as a deposit. In any case we did not fulfill the day plan, we will put aside S$5. Achieving two purposes at one time.

Wow, it's really an adventure for me. I find my spiritual appetites graving for more.


No comments:

Post a Comment