Thursday, January 22, 2009

30 Days to Live ~ 30 People to Pray for



Before SP started the series on 'Thirty Days to Live', I started with asking myself this question, "If I had 30 days to live, who will be those in my list that I would want and love to meet before I l die"


"Let's say...If I could only allow to meet one person per day, who will be those 30 people in my list whom I want to meet?" As I think through and make a list of 30 people, I realise that it was not very easy to come up with the list.


** 1st Surprise: In fact, I have more than 30 people. To keep to the 'rules', I scale down to 30.


** 2nd Surprise: Those people that matters most and I love dearly make it to the first top priority list. It begins with Matt, Cleff,......


** 3rd Surprise: Those 30 people in my list are not exactly people that I love most, but it matters to me enough for me to meet them before I die. These include people I need to ask for forgiveness face to face. People that need to hear from me saying "I forgive you' face to face.


** 4th Surprise: I began to pray for these 30 people. Dedicating one person to a day each.Today is 19th Jan.


I am praying for the 19th person on the list. Not particularly someone that I love, even like. Someone that is a stranger to me, yet seem so familar. Someone who is distant, yet too near for comfort. Someone who I never truly learn to love as Christ love, yet I do want to love. Someone that had left wounding in me, yet the wound-turned scar had allowed Jesus to make me more like Him.


Thirty Days to Live ~It is not just about hearing much. It is about doing right. It is about turning every godly intentions to actionsIt is about taking back our lost groundsIt is about following Christ and becoming more like Him.


I thank God for this series. I thank God for the added strength and courage to do the impossible and uncomfortable. I thank God for His 2nd Wind.


I pray the same for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment