Friday, January 23, 2009

Broadcast God

I started journaling since I am a teenager. I love to put my thoughts and feelings into words. Slowly, I began to include lessons learned and principles gleaned into my journal.


I always told my son this: "Do not forget to read mama's journal when I passed on. Every page carries a chapter of mum's life. Behind those pages is a God who never fails to woo me everyday with His love."


I do not want to leave this world with a regret. It will be tragic to realise this - In my living, I am influencing none. In my leaving, I left nothing behind to be remembered. And I know, in any 'tribute' to myself is a tribute to my GOD.


I am certain of my call to God as His child. To know God and make Him known. I seek for opportunities to make Jesus known. As a pastor, this is make more accessible and easier through the sunday pulpit, in funerals, weddings and whatever occassion that allows me to preach Jesus. In my conversations with someone, Jesus is intentionally make known.


Recently, I learned to use Facebook. In short, Facebook is all about communication. Communication that allows me to point back to myself or directly to Jesus. I seek to do the latter. I am really beginning to enjoy Facebook more and more.


On our last Tuesday pastoral meetings, Senior Pastor mentioned this, "Broadcast God in whatever means of communication we can. People need to be pointed back to God." This is not the first time my Senior Pastor emphasis this. But this time, it has driven a stronger motativation in me, especially in this '30 Days to Live' series.


I always want to learn blogging but all legimate reasons and excuses had casued me to proscinate. Last night, I finally sat down and learned blogging from my son. What a sense of achivement! Talking about turning every of my godly intentions to actions IMMEDIATELY!


I am mindful, whether in Facebook or Blog...

"For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake." (1 Corinthians 4:5)




No comments:

Post a Comment