Monday, January 11, 2010

'In Appreciation of You'


Gifts - something not lacking receiving from my family, church members and friends on special occasions and Christmas. Last year Christmas, I received many gifts and it blessed me to know that I am remembered on this special day.

Last Sunday, someone came to me and passed me a gift. It was a letter carefully wrapped with a gold ribbon. I was eager to read it for a reason. Those who known me knew that my language of love is Words. When someone gave me a gift and a card, I will always reached out for the card before I unwrapped the present. I will store them in my 'Capsule Box'. Once a while, I will open up my box and go through all these letters and cards. It keeps my heart warmth and thankful. Secondly, this letter/card was given by someone 'unexpected' and I was pleasantly surprised. Thirdly, he chose a 'non-occasion' to give me this card.

The first thing I do when gotten into my car was to open up this letter. There were four cards in the envelope. One was a red card which was written, "El-Shaddai (God of All Sufficient), Genesis 17:1-2. Another was a Foreword. Then a hand-drawn card where there is a pair of footprints and I think a broken perfume vessel. On the top left-hand side was written 'Aunty Lili'. Finally a yellow card that goes like this, "...In Appreciation of You..."

Yo Pastor Lili/Aunty Riri!
Hi! You have been a tremendous blessing. More than simply the Word that you've brought or the Chinese Ministry, but your outgoing and encouraging nature that has blessed a lot of us. As a pastor, I must say your style is very different from the other pastors, but then again, all the pastors/preachers (since my bro's not a pastor, haha) in our church have very diverse styles. But mostly, the thing I notice about your life is that it is daily consistently screaming 'God, I trust and honour You! Be glorified!" Your life and presence is truly inspiring. For me this year, God has given me 2 Words, one is Isaiah 21, which, though it's quite cheem, speaks of Babylon coming down and being utterly destroyed. Cleff's lack of conviction and irreverence towards Jesus is definitely a Babylon in his life and I'm praying to see it utterly destroyed. I also want to thank you for being my Agapeland teacher! Ahaaha! Your teaching really awoke the heart for missions and for the lost which was already there, but was still asleep within me at that time. Somehow from what you've taught me and how you've lived your life, you've somehow had this mantra 'Anything also can, but if it is of God, then it will surely succeed and last.' Something like that. OK, the 'anything also can' doesn't mean just being flippant about things, but about even making the most informed decisions that might even be supported by the Word, though it might be taken out of context. (rhema Word). Yeah, you've had a really awesome impact on me through my short life. (I don't understand why short life). Well, I just want to bless you this new year with a renewed passion for the Word, your ministries in this church and for the lost! May you keep touching the heart of God! God bless! - italics mine

I remembered my Senior Pastor Guna Raman once wrote a note on the Facebook to me. I would like to use a statement that he had written to express what I am feeling right now.

"Thank you for these wonderful words of blessing. You are a prove that when one sows into a life, he always reap abundantly. Today, I am blessed to reap from the abundance of your heart."

This person is none other than NuN.

Thank you NuN. I am indeed so so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Hey!Nun here..
    Haha,I must say i'm quite touched with you being so touched..I'm just led to praise God,yeah..And i'm only 20!That's KIND of short y'know!..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH..and actually,i just drew what were my first thoughts of you.I thought of Mary washing Jesus' feet w the perfume. SO that's YOUR perfume vase, YOUR hair and JESUS' footprints!..sigh,my arty-faryness really quite jialat ah..haha!..but it's ok!God Bless!

    ReplyDelete