Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Relationship that Matters

Sabah, well known as the Land below the Wind, has a special place in my heart. I had made several mission trips to this land and God has never failed to teach me valuable lessons in every one of these trips. Last week, I spend four days in Sabah, KK with my husband Matthew and another couple, James and Jennifer. This time, plainly for holidays. I arrived with great enuthisiam in KK, Sabah and left the place filled and richly blessed.

Relationships is what made this trip so special. Our dear friends from D'Gap Baptist Church went all the way to ensure our lodging and transportation were well taken care of. They make us feel so special and modeled for us what is servanthood hospitality through their many simple and thoughtful ways. In spite of their own busyness, they extended love. They invited us over to their homes for dinners, making calls frequently to ensure we are not lost in our directions and taking care of our concerns. I felt that the Lord blessed us so much in those four days. We went home deeply blessed and enriched by their love and generousity.

It was our first time travelling together with James and Jennifer as holiday partners. We had much fun, alot of food and meaningful fellowship. We decided onset before our holidays that we should add a spiritual edge to it. With Mt Kota Kinabalu as our backdrop, James opened the Word for us in the morning. The breeze, the dew, the landscape of highlands Kundangsan brought us close to nature and to God. We watched movie together and drew biblical lessons from it. We are not just satisfied with good food, we were feed with spiritual food. This wonderful couple's friendship has added meaning into this trip.

I am thankful to have Matthew with me. I truly enjoyed the intimacy and time with him. One morning, we were affirming our spouse as we reflected on Book of Ephesians. It was the most memorial time I had, sitting there, loved and affirmed by my husband. We celebrated our changes and our growth in Him. And reminded ourselves again our marriage core values, "Stubborn Love, Persistent Honour'. It was a great time to rekindle and glow in our love for God and for each other.

Nothing compares to just sitting alone with God, enjoying a cup of hot coffee in the cool climate at Kinabalu Pine Resort, a highland town of Kundasang, atop the foothills of Mt Kota Kinabalu. It offers magicient view of Mt Kinabalu from the vantage point of my room. With the bible by my side and praises on my lips, I cannot but to praise Him with this song, "Shout to the Lord". His creation reminds me of His majesty and what an awesome God I have. So close to Him. So desiring for Him. So hungry for Him.

It was a holiday that marks "One of a kind'. I am thankful and blessed with relationships. My relationship with my Creator, the One and Only that I adore. My relationship with my husband, Matthew, who loves me for who I am. My relationship with James and Jennifer, whom we shared friendship in a fun and meaningful way. And my friends back in KK, Sabah. You modeled and practiced hospitality in His love.

I am learning much and have grown much.

No comments:

Post a Comment