Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My 44th Birthday


I thought I never really enjoy surprises, but I did. I celebrated my 44th years old Birthday with my beloved in a day getaway to Johore Bahru. And YES! I am 44 this year.

I was surprised with hidden bouquet in the room; treated with sumptuous Chinese lunch spread with 'Buddha jump over the wall'; bird nests, scallops. Went shopping, watched 'Ip Man 2' in Cantonese. And finally proceed to my usual place, massage. All these specially planned by my beloved husband.

Matt and I frequent this massage place for the past 2 years whenever we are in JB. We got to know these masseurs and majority of them are from Mainland China. Like most China nationals we find in Singapore, these ladies had left their homes to find a better living in Malaysia. All of them are married with children back home and they worked really hard. Matt and I used to buy them food, or would sometimes bring them to the nearby coffeeshop to have supper with us. They are not given off days and not allowed to step out of their shop without permission and most of them have not even walked beyond 1km from the shop. As I patronize them regularly, I began to build friendships with them. I knew, these ladies liked us much as we seek to love them and honour them in ways of Christ. Gradually we shared with them the gospel and prayed for them, their concerns and their loved ones back home. I am truly happy that I can go beyond the shores of Singapore to connect and reach out to the China nationals. Something that is birthed out of a burden.

As I seek to refresh others, God in return, used them to refresh and surprise me. That night as I patronized them with Matt, the whole group of eight ladies, suddenly appeared in the room, holding a cake and singing their hearts out so loudly a birthday song to me. I was dumbfounded, shock and so touched. I am truly so touched by them. Matt told them it was my birthday and the rest is history.

When I was back in Singapore, I received another surprise from my Happy Thursday group. The heartlanders, China Nationals and my team specially video themselves singing a birthday song to me and posted it on the Facebook. I love them, I do.

The surprise goes on. Cleff came out from his room and gave me a special birthday present - a handmade handbag just for his mummy. This just send the love deep into my soul.

Not to forget those heartwarming birthday messages posted on my Facebook and sms. They filled my tank.

The staff. Creatively put together a Birthday powerpoint footage for me, surprise me right after the staff meeting.

My birthday was over, but I am still celebrating with different ones. The AGF Core Team, and those who blessed me with lunches and dinners.

44 years old. What a birthday!

I thank God for Matthew, who has loved me dearly and deeply.

My son Cleff - you are mummy's proud treasure.

The staff team - Thank you for loving me.

Everyone in the Chinese Ministry - you are a miracle.

AGF ladies - Thank you for believing in me

And all out there - Thank you for filling me up.

Finally, my Jesus my Lord - I love You. Thank you Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment